Privacy & Data Protection
Introduction to Kiravans Data Protection Policy
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods (including your name, delivery address, payment address, telephone numbers, email address - we do not store sensitive payment card data on our own systems, this is managed by a 3rd party payment provider, Paypal );
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including reviews, questions and answers);
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us (including customer support queries via email, live chat conversations, the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalise our website for you;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you may unsubscribe at any time from by logging on & going to My Account and unchecking the Newsletter subscription box. You can also inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter via customer service) send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website;
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
For more information relating to Paypal and Bank Transfer payments please see the Payment Information section of our website found on the Customer Service Pages
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
Retaining personal information
This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when using it to log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10);
- and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity requests can take up to 40 days to process
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Third party service providers
We make use of a number of third party service providers in the day to day delivery of our service. Your data may be disclosed to these service providers but only in so far as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Our third party service providers are:
- Xero: accounting services. Data Protection policy can be found here: https://www.xero.com/uk/about/terms/privacy/
- Mailchimp: Email marketing. Data Protection policy can be found here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Linnworks: Order management. Data Protection policy can be found here: https://www.linnworks.com/linn-systems-privacy-policy
- Your Business Voice: Call handling. Data Protection policy can be found here: http://www.yourbusinessvoice.co.uk/cookies-privacy-policy/
- Ogden Fulfillment: Order fulfillment. Data Protection policy can be found here: https://www.ogdenfulfilment.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Customer Sure: Feedback surveys. Data Protection policy can be found here: https://www.customersure.com/privacy/
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Data protection registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office. Our data protection registration number is Z9368363.
This website is owned and operated by Freedom Campervans Ltd Ltd.
Kiravans is a trading name of Freedom Campervans Ltd Ltd.
Freedom Campervans Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom at C/o Pearson & Associates Suite E Canal Road, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3SE
Company No: 05518194 / VAT No: 875391290.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com